We offer professional Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and cartographic services in many areas including the following:
– Land use impact
– Ecological change detection
– Sea-level change modeling
– Habitat suitability modeling
– Vegetation mapping
– Sensitive resource mapping and modeling
– Watershed assessment
– Erosion and sediment yield modeling
– Fire behavior prediction
– Essential Fish Habitat mapping
– Data conversion
– Digital terrain modeling
– GPS to cm-level accuracy
– Underwater bathymetry change detection
– Underwater vegetation mapping
– Three-dimensional maps
– Microhabitat topographic mapping for areas such as vernal pools and other wetlands.
– Exceptionally high quality color printing and plotting.
We seek excellence in appropriate design and implementation of these technologies, and developing innovative new applications to solve natural resource-related problems. We provide a full range of photogrammetry and remote sensing applications, and geo-spatial database design. With over 20 years experience in the field, we specialize in high-resolution orthorectification, and in innovative procedures and new techniques for ecological monitoring and change detection. In the marine environment, we pioneered the implementation of sonar techniques for mapping underwater vegetation and site-specific bathymetry for in-water projects.
This project integrated the life history and habitat components of the grizzly bear into satellite imagery and a GIS-based model of how these are impacted by land uses overlapping their home range in a large watershed in the northern Rocky Mountains. The existing model was conceptual and Tierra Data converted it to a GIS-based system to evaluate alternative scenarios for environmental impact assessment, and presented results to an interagency committee of biologists. Client: Flathead National Forest Tally Lake Ranger District, Whitefish, Montana.
Illustration © Terry Lockman